This is probably one of the most popular Chocolate Chip Cookie recipes available, but as the old saying goes "why fix something that isn't broken?" These cookies are amazing!
1 1/8 cup of flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter (or Crisco baking sticks - something I learned from a friend several years ago)
6 TBSP light brown sugar
6 TBSP sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 lg egg
6-oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl, mix egg and vanilla with a fork.
3. In the mixing bowl (I know this is already 3 bowls!), cut butter, sugar and light brown sugar. Mix. Then add egg and vanilla combination.
4. Gradually add flour mixture. Mix well.
5. Stir in semi-sweet chocolate chips (I also added white chocolate chips in this particular batch).
8. After the dough has been chilled, roll it into balls (the size depends on your desired cookie size).
10. Remove the cookies from the oven and allow them to cool for about 2 minutes on the pan.
11. After two minutes, move them to a cooling rack and allow them to cool fully.