Friday, August 3, 2012

Steak and Avocado Grilled Cheese

Steak and Avocado Grilled Cheese

I really like sandwiches and have recently been into creating modified grilled cheese sandwiches.  A while back I found this Green Goddess Grilled Cheese Sandwich on Pinterest.  I tried it, but it had a little too much avocado and goat cheese for me (relative to other ingredients) so I decided to add meat to balance it out (this is great for using a little meat leftover from a previous meal).  I have tried chicken and steak and several types of bread and have liked it every time!

Ingredients:
Steak (cut into strips - I buy it in strips)
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Meat Tenderizer
Avocado (thinly sliced)
Cheese (I prefer Montery Jack with Jalapenos)
Goat Cheese
Pesto
Spinach
Olive Oil
Butter
Bread

Cook the seasoned steak in olive oil (season to your liking).  Time will depend on how you like your steak cooked - I like mine rare so cooking time is short.  If you're using leftover meat, you can skip this step.

On one slice of bread lightly spread goat cheese (too much goat cheese makes me gag - I guess if you REALLY like it, you could heavily spread the goat cheese).  On the other slice of bread, lightly spread the pesto.   Place thinly sliced cheese on top of the pesto (to me it needs to be separated from the goat cheese).  Put spinach on top of the goat cheese, then avocado slices and meat.  Put the sandwich together.

Melt butter in a pan over low-medium heat.  Then place the sandwich in the pan (I like to flip mine fast to get butter on both sides).  Cook until both sides are browned and the cheese is melted (if the sandwich is browned but the cheese isn't melted, turn the heat down).

Enjoy!







No comments:

Post a Comment