Sunday, October 14, 2012

Slow Cooker Roast Beef Au Jus

We've been really busy on weeknights lately, which means that I haven't had much time to cook.  Last week I decided to plan early so that we would have food for the rest of the week.  Gabe wanted Roast Beef with an Au Jus sauce.  I looked up some recipes but eventually decided to create my own version.

I served the beef with mashed potatoes and biscuits.  Gabe really liked it (I liked it too, but I was happy to have his approval).

Ingredients:
Roast Beef
Sweet Onion
Garlic (two cloves)
Cumin
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Black Peppercorn
Sea Salt
Paprika
1/2 Cup Water
1/4 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
1/4 Cup Worcestershire Sauce

Instructions:
Slice sweet onion into rings and smash garlic cloves.  Place both in the slow cooker.  Add water, vinegar and Worcestershire sauce.  Mix the spices (one to one ratio) and rub onto the beef.  Place the beef in the slow cooker and cook on low for about 10 hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment